WordPress 5.3 RC3
The third release candidate for WordPress 5.3 is now available!
WordPress 5.3 is currently scheduled to be released on November 12 2019, but we need your help to get there—if you haven’t tried 5.3 yet, now is the time!
There are two ways to test the WordPress 5.3 release candidate:
- Try the WordPress Beta Tester plugin (choose the “bleeding edge nightlies” option)
- Or download the release candidate here (zip).
For details about what to expect in WordPress 5.3, please see the first and second release candidate posts.
Release Candidate 3 contains improvements to the new About page, bug fixes for the new default theme, Twenty Twenty (see #48450), and 9 fixes for the following bugs and regressions:
- Four bugs in the block editor have been fixed (see #48447).
- Three Date/Time related bugs have been fixed (see #48384).
- A regression in
date_i18n()has been fixed (see #28636).
- An accessibility color contrast regression for primary buttons when using alternate admin color schemes was fixed (see #48396).
Plugin and Theme Developers
Please test your plugins and themes against WordPress 5.3 and update the Tested up to version in the readme to 5.3. If you find compatibility problems, please be sure to post to the support forums so we can figure those out before the final release.
The WordPress 5.3 Field Guide has also been published, which details the major changes.
How to Help
Do you speak a language other than English? Help us translate WordPress into more than 100 languages!
If you think you’ve found a bug, you can post to the Alpha/Beta area in the support forums. We’d love to hear from you! If you’re comfortable writing a reproducible bug report, file one on WordPress Trac, where you can also find a list of known bugs.